Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Back to school from a yippeeee to a boo!

Well I was most definitely ready for my oldest two to go back to school today. It has been a very loooong summer holiday and they were getting bored and starting to get in to trouble and drive me potty !!

The walk to school was full of excitement talking about the friends they hadn't seen all summer and wondering what they had been doing. Pondering about their new teachers was also a hot topic and I was so very excited for them too!!
But,..... the walk home was not so good. First their little sister Lily cried in the playground when she had to say goodbye to them. Which of course gave me the biggest lump in my throat. I too was very sad all the way home. It was already too quite. No questions...no laughter...no Savannah or Kassidy.
The house was pretty much the same.....all day! I tried to lighten the mood by getting the paints out but that was short lived even Lily wasn't in the mood :-(

So after Lily's nap we ended up playing upstairs in Savannah and Kassidy's bedroom to feel closer to them.

I never thought it would be like that I was looking forward to some peace and get back in to a routine. But I think I don't like peace that much anymore. I think I prefer chaos and noise and all my girls around together.

No comments:

Post a Comment