Today was a really great day!!
I am a Governor at me local primary school so often get called upon to help out on trips etc. Today I went with a class of 26 yr 5 children (aged 9 and 10) to the Guild hall.
We went for a tour of the building which is absolutely fabulous inside with fantastic marble and carvings etc. Then we went to see how the court works, although the guild hall courts have not been used for some time they have been preserved and they're used for schools. We got to learn about how the court system would have worked in Victorian times. The class was split up in to groups and we had a chance to take part in a mock trial. This was fantastic as they really all got stuck in. We had the Judge and the Jury, the defendant and his lawyer the prosecution, police, court clerk, witnesses and even the court security and press. All I might add were dressed in period costume!! It was really fantastic. The background was taken from the story/ film 'The water babies' about a young boy used to climb up chimney's by the master sweep. It was great fun. They even got taken down to the cells and locked it!!
Then we spent the afternoon at the local art gallery which was a lovely way to finish off the day. But now I am bushed...I could never in a million be a primary school teacher!! Those guys have some real stamina !!





Hiya from America,
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin' the blog. Good work.
I appreciate that you have me on your blog roll and I shall return the favor. Looking forward to reading about all the happenings in Hull.
Melissa xx
Thank you flower you are soooo sweet xx
ReplyDelete